Re: phpclasses formerly Flash integration

Hello,

on 04/25/2005 11:52 AM Ryan A said the following:
On 4/25/2005 4:31:42 PM, Chris Ramsay (raz.net@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
I must admit, I agree with Ryan A's points - I used to visit the site
regularly, but the ads and stuff have put me off a little bit these
days...

The main reason I am so pissed right now is, I recommended the site to a pal of mine who is starting on php (with just a book and a few web links, i told him to join the list if he has probs) and he downloaded that cursorware or whatever from phpclasses...then i had to help him get the crap off his machine by following these links:

http://www.pchell.com/support/mywebsearch.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/cursormania.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/funbuddyicons.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/smileycentral.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/mymailstamp.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/mymailstationery.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/mymailsignature.shtml
http://www.pchell.com/support/popularscreensavers.shtml

I am so sorry that your friend clicked on those ads and downloaded that software, but for the record the PHP Classes does not serve any of those downloads. As a matter of fact those ads are intermediate pages served by the advertising agency company.

When you click on the ads you are lead to another site noticed in your browser URL bar. If you do not click on the ads for 10 seconds nor click on the link in the top of the ad page that brings you back to the site, you are never prompted for any downloads.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/