Re: Php defense

Pablo D Marotta wrote:
Hi there..
I`m defending the language, but people here want to migrate to asp..
They just keep on saying "php is not used for huge corporation solutions, there
asp goes better".

Sun has always been traditionally a favorite of huge corporations (banks for instance), ... Sun is partnering of late with a company called Zend. certainly gives the impression that php is making serious moves towards the enterprise.

just thought I'd add that tidbit,  most of the relevant big guns in IT/web-land
have already been mentioned :-)

I know it isn´t correct, but I don´t know much about "well-known" websites using php technology. (I just don´t navigate enough time to know it) I think that could help a lot, since this people is highly influenced by that kind of facts.. (I mean, knowing that other companies trust this language to

I would not so much trust in the code (implicitly), but put it in the people responsible for developing [on] it.

manage critical information).

remember php is opensource, and your employer has (technically) the financial means to:

a, employ people who (also) contribute to php development
b, employ people fix/change php behaviour for specific inhouse needs
c, employ people who are responsible for source code auditing of php

that to me is worth more than any support contract from M$.

php might be a good hammer but not everything is a nail, I think its fair to
consider that it might not be the right solution for what ever it is you
are tasked with.

rgds,
Jochem

Does anybody know/have any web-sites listing using php? If you only know a few of those, it could help me too.

Thanks in advance!!
Pablo