From: Ryan A [mailto:ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 April 2005 14:27
To: kenkam@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: php
Subject: Re:  Last visitors

> I am not checking for the last people logged in, I want to see the
> last people who have viewed the profile... each profile will have its
> own last "10 people visited"

/*
ah! i see. sorry for misunderstanding you.
perhaps on the script for the profiles page, the logic should be like:

profile for user: adam

if the browsing user is logged in: (for example the browsing user is
ben)
      insert into the database that ben has seen adam's profile end
if....

and your table in the database can be:

user       visitor      time_of_visit
adam      ben         1290122141 (unix timestamp)

then you can query it on the database for each user.

SELECT * FROM profile_visits WHERE user='adam' ORDER by time_of_visit
DESC LIMIT 10 As for cleaning up... that's the bit that I can't figure
out myself :(. */

Hey,
Thanks for replying.

> ah! i see. sorry for misunderstanding you.

No problem, I guess i didnt explain it well enough, and you dont have to
help me but you are trying, so thank you.

> As for cleaning up... that's the bit that I can't figure out myself
> :(.

exactly, I came to the same part as you....but then i would have a LOT
of wasted records without the cleanup... just cant figure it out.

Thanks,
Ryan

Gamma Global : Suppliers of HPCompaq, IBM, Acer, EPI, APC, Cyclades, D-Link, Cisco, Sun Microsystems, 3Com

GAMMA GLOBAL (UK) LTD IS A RECOGNISED 'INVESTOR IN PEOPLE' AND AN 'ISO 9001 2000' REGISTERED COMPANY

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This Email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender IMMEDIATELY; you should not
copy the email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any
other person.

GENERAL STATEMENT:

Any statements made, or intentions expressed in this communication may not
necessarily reflect the view of Gamma Global (UK) Ltd. Be advised that no content
herein may be held binding upon Gamma Global (UK) Ltd or any associated company
unless confirmed by the issuance of a formal contractual document or
Purchase Order,  subject to our Terms and Conditions available from http://www.gammaglobal.com

E&OE