Re: Getting a contract

Ryan,

Write the contract to state the targets as they exist now, the estimated
hours and how you will be paid(i.e. - by the hour, milestone, etc...)
then when a change is made to the design, simply make an addendum to the
original contract and list the changes that are to be done, estimated time
and again how you will be paid. Make sure the client is signing this stuff
(even friends and family). Personally I like setting design targets (or
goals if you prefer) and having the client sign off on each as they are
completed and I am paid per target finished.

CJ