Carriage Return problem!

Hi,

I am using php to generate and xml output file from another xml file using xsl.

The file is getting created properly and the xml instruction element is at 1st line.

I am using ant to get the output remotely but it is adding one extra line i.e. carriage return. I checked everything in my xsl, tried xsl:strip-space, no indent etc but as i said file is properly created. I have checked my echo's and print statments but there is none.

If somebody has tried to direct the output of browser through ant (or some other tool) and came across the same situation and tackled it please inform me. Does the php interpreter enters a carriage return by default as i tried to remome the xml contents and print one normal line of output it still gave me carriage return in the first line.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!