Re: dynamic image will not print properly

Replying below.

On 11-Apr-05, at 5:05 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:

On Mon, April 11, 2005 3:04 pm, DuSTiN KRySaK said:
I moved the script over to another host to test, and it worked fine
there. So to me that says it should be something to do with the host...
now is there anything in the php.ini that could inflict this kind of
behavior?

"anything" covers a lot of ground...

First: Did you use the SAME browser and computer to surf in both cases.
If not, re-do the test with the SAME browser and computer.

exact same computer.

Second: Is GD even installed on the non-working server?
Use <?php phpinfo();?>
Either you see "GD" in one of the mini-tables or you don't have GD and it
ain't gonna work.

It is installed - as the image displays in the browser as it should, but the print output is all messed up.

Third: Compare the *VERSIONS* of GD on both servers. Then PHP versions. Then Apache versions.

Checking out from the host.

Fourth: On the broken server, take *OUT* the header() lines in your script, and surf directly to the image URL. If you see PHP messages, well, fix your script to get rid of them. If you see a bunch of weird characters, that's what it *should* be -- Pretty much the "same" as you would see if you opened up a real JPEG in a text editor.

I get the proper JPG results. As I said earlier - the output is only messed in the win/ie combo while printing.

Fifth: Re-test on the server and desktop where it didn't work -- It's
possible that between test 1 and 2 somebody updated the browser out from
under you (like Microsoft auto-update, for example)

The tests were done back to back and always testing with the exact same setup. Did one test on another win/ie box just to see if it was the local machine that was fubar - however it had the same results.

-- Like Music? http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm