[PHP-INSTALL] Install Problems on Fedora 3

Hi All,

I did a source install, of which I'm a newb at, and then created a index.php file containing the following,

<?php
phpinfo(); ?>

but, that shows in the browser, Firefox, when typing localhost/index.php. I've confirmed that httpd is running, and generates pages as I got the Apache welcome page b4 creating the index.php page. I'm swaying towards that I may have compiled the source wrongly, like leaving something out. Happy to post whatever is needed to help you help me here. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

[root@localhost php-5.0.3]# ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

too much to post.....

[root@localhost php-5.0.3]# make install
Installing PHP SAPI module:       cgi
Installing PHP CGI into: /usr/local/bin/
Installing PEAR environment:      /usr/local/lib/php/
[PEAR] Archive_Tar    - installed: 1.1
[PEAR] Console_Getopt - installed: 1.2
[PEAR] PEAR           - installed: 1.3.3
Wrote PEAR system config file at: /usr/local/etc/pear.conf
You may want to add: /usr/local/lib/php to your php.ini include_path
[PEAR] XML_RPC        - installed: 1.1.0
Installing build environment:     /usr/local/lib/php/build/
Installing header files:          /usr/local/include/php/
Installing helper programs:       /usr/local/bin/
program: phpize
program: php-config
program: phpextdist
[root@localhost php-5.0.3]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]