Re: slow session_start()

On Thu, April 7, 2005 11:23 am, Arshavir Grigorian said:
> I am getting 4-5 minute delays when I call the session_start() function
> in one of my scripts, I reduced it to a small script that just echoes
> some html, but still calling session_start() causes a major delay. My
> /tmp directory is almost empty and there is a lot of disk space. It's an
> AMD Athlon(TM) XP 3000+ with a Gig of RAM. Anyone knows what could cause
> this?

If user X with session Y is logging in from 2 different
computers/browsers/frames, then each HTTP interaction locks the session
while it's working on it...

So you end up with one or the other HTTP connections has to wait.

This may or may not have anything to do with your problem.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm