Re: insert mysql data with safe mode on problem

On Thu, April 7, 2005 6:28 am, Chris said:
> I've been using a php script which loads a large (approximately 40,000
> records) data file into a mysql table. In the event that MySql's LOAD DATA
> INFILE capability is disabled, the script loads each record individually.
> The problem I'm facing is trying to run this script on a server which has
> safe mode enabled. Under safe mode the default script execution time is
> usually 30 seconds, and to process 40,000 records requires about 2-3
> minutes.
>
> I'm now faced with a situation where I can't load the entire data file and
> wondered if anybody else has encountered this problem.
>
> Also, the following conditions are NOT available as an option.
> 1 - use phpmyadmin
> 2 - increase the script execution time in php.ini (set_time_limit doesn't
> work in safe mode)
> 3 - enable LOAD DATA INFILE by granting the MySql File_priv

Break the file up into smaller files, load separately.

Write your PHP script to "remember" what record/line you are on.  Skip the
ones you already inserted.  (Will only work up to a point -- If you have
too many records that you can't even READ them all in 30 seconds, you're
screwed on this one.)

Switch hosts? :-)

--
Like Music?