Re: Re: Signal 11 - php-5.1.0-dev - cygwin

Zac Barton wrote:
> Hi Jason
>
> I tried to compile php using cygwin last night and also got the same erorr. I could work around it by adding --without-pear ("configure --without-pear")

I'll give that a shot, but I'd really like to fix the underlying error
(i.e. why did PEAR fail to load and give me the segfault?)

> Im also trying to build a extension (.dll not .so) for windows using cygwin, do you know if thats possible? I can get it cygwin to build an extesion with a .so but im really after a .dll

I don't know, but I would guess the answer is "no".  After all cygwin is
all about using *nix tools on a Windows box, not using Windows tools on
a Windows box.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to create a dll instead of a so?
 I don't claim to be an expert on either, but if you have some really
cool usage for the PHP .dll it would be nice to know what you're planning.

--
Jason Barnett
Destiny Capital LLC

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: "The information in this email is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient, an disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be
unlawful."