Re: php - set interval

On Sun, April 3, 2005 7:10 pm, Andrew said:
> i've been searching for a 'setInterval' function in php and haven't had
> much luck.

http://php.net/sleep is kinda sort not like what you want.

A cron job might be what you want, depending on if you classify cron as
"complicated server stuff" or not.  I sure don't, but I've written a
zillion cron jobs over the years.

> so is this possible with PHP by using functions? anything involving
> complicated server stuff means i may as well setup flash to call the
> interval instead of PHP

As noted, you really *SHOULD* just queue up the emails for a GOOD mail
program to send out later, and not try to micro-manage this in PHP, unless
you're just doing this to learn PHP and try to understand how mail works.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm