Re: PHP config issues when moving from Fedora to SuSe

On Tue, April 5, 2005 10:49 am, Whil Hentzen said:
> So now I switched my development box to SuSE, then, later, installed
> Apache 2 and PHP via YaST, and it's burping on me. Apache processes
> static pages fine, but the PHP function calls aren't being processed.
> I'm guessing that there are missing directives somewhere in the Apache
> innards.

For the immediate short term keep it running without exposing PHP source
code, COPY the httpd.conf and then edit it by hand the same way as you
always did.

That should at least get you moving forward on other fronts while you work
on this some more.

> I'm confused about Apache's multiple config files. FC just had one big
> ol' config file and I was comfortable adding the PHP lines, setting up
> multiple virtual hosts, and all that. But this SuSE thing is more
> complicated.
>
> There's /etc/apache2/httpd.conf that basically just has a bunch of
> includes. Don't wanna touch that. There's
> /etc/apache2/default-server.conf that looks like it's where the action
> is. And there's a /etc/apache2/conf.d/php4.conf file that has specific
> php commands, such as....
>
> <IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
>         DirectoryIndex index.php
>         DirectoryIndex index.php4
> </IfModule>
>
> But I can't find where any of the Apache config files point to the php4
> config file. Do I need to add an include in default-server.conf?
> (Shouldn't the install have done that? Silly install!)

Sounds to me like there should be an include in there.

The install may avoid doing that if you've ever altered anything at all in
your .conf files, on the assumption that if you edited them by hand, you
don't want them mucked with.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm