RE: cancelling

newbie c <mailto:newbie_st@xxxxxxxx>
    on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:03 AM said:

> Are these ideas practical and possible?

Practically speaking? It seems like a waste of time. What are these
executables doing? The stop button on the browser or clicking a link to
a new page should suffice.

As for possibility, that I don't know. I don't think you'll find the
answer you want since HTTP is stateless. It seems that you'd have to
send another request to the server to tell it to interrupt the current
process.

Your cancel "button" should probably just go to the new search page.
Won't it cancel the process on it's own by abandoning the request?

Chris.