Re: pass variable from vbscript to php

One way you can do it is to put an invisible <iframe> on the same page as
the <object> which provides you the user information.  When you get, via
vbscript or javascript, the userid, then you set the src property of the
<iframe> to that of a page where you will process that info, appended with
the information taken from the <object>.

<iframe id=iframename></iframe>
<object id=objectname blah, blah, blah />

Asiming the property of the ActiveX object you want to send to the PHP
server is called UserId, whenever you are sure you can read it (perhaps an
event or whatever) you do:

document.getElementById('iframename').src = 'ValidateUser.php?UserId=' +
document.getElementById('objectname').UserId

The page ValidateUser.php would receive the UserId as an argument in the URL
(and you can add as many as you want) and may reply with whatever response
is apropriate.  That answer will go into the body of the iframe document.

Thus, assuming that you reply with a 0 or 1, you will get that by having an
function attached to the onLoad event of the <iframe>.  The onLoad will be
triggered when a response is finally received.

The reply you will get as

document.getElementById('iframename').document.body.innerHTML

which you could check by doing a:

<iframe id=iframename
onLoad="alert(document.getElementById('iframename').document.body.innerHTML);"
/>

Satyam