Re: How to compile PHP5 with VC++ 6.0

Kioto wrote:
Hi all i have a question. There si an how-to that explain step by step all necessary to create a myself compiled php distribution ?
yes, there is.
I have read about: http://docs.php.net/en/install.windows.building.html
which is exactly that resource.
Can you send a new link about this issue.
why? that resource shows you what to do just fine, simply read php5 instead of php4 everywhere that it's mentioned.

Personally though, I use the SDK, so that means I compile it using nmake. It's not really that hard.
I'll explain my way of compiling (bit more flexible):
1. follow the instructions (on the page you posted the link to) up till you get to "Compiling". What comes after this is different from what it says there.
2. Start up the command-line with the environment variables registered (if you have Vistual Studio, there'll be a link to such a thing from the start menu. Alternatively, you can use Start>Run, type in "cmd" (no quotes). navigate to whereever vcvars.bat is located, and run it. Once done) go (back) to the c:\work directory (or wherever you put the source-files in).
3. run "buildconf.bat:
4. run "cscript /nologo configure.js --help" (no quotes), and you'll get a list of configure options you can set. This way you can also compile in certain extensions, which makes loading them faster, but also makes your php install (a lot) bigger.
5. Once you've configured it, simply type "nmake"
6. you'll get a couple of files in the Release_TS or Debug_TS directory, depending on if you built a Debug build or not, php5ts.dll (or php5ts_debug.dll) is the most important one. You'll also need another library to connect to your server, but which one that is really depends on which server you have, and what you configured PHP to work with (eg. apache2 support is given via php5apache2.dll).
6. Once you have those, simply follow the instructions given in c:\work\whatever_path_you_put_php_in\win32\install.txt, and it should all work just fine

Thanks so much again and good work to all.