What's the going rate for making websites ?

Hi gang

Sorry for asking this question here, but I don't know where else to ask. And Goole'ing didn't help me much.

My father-in-law has a friend in Alaska (and I'm in Canada) that needs a website done. Not sure what kinda site he wants done yet, or how much he needs me to do for him (like webspace, domain hosting, domain registration, and such) but for now I've been asked what it'd cost to get it done.

I'm assuming it's something pretty simple, since it's just for a motorcycle club, but he wants a price first ...

What do y'all charge when you do sites for people ??? ... In the past I've only done pro-bono work (because they usually don't require much work, so it's not a problem getting it done while working on other projects), but I've never actually done paid work before... It's more that I just recently moved to Canada (from Denmark) so I have no feeling with what the prices and rates are overhere ...

TIA

Rene