Problems compiling PHP-5.0.4 with cPanel.

Hi,

I have an VPS server wich runs cPanel. My PHP version currently
installed is 5.0.3 and had no problems until now.

I've been trying to upgrade my PHP version from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 with no
success. I've tried doing it with WHM and also tried to do it manually
with ./configure and make.

Always I've get an error when the system is going to build the library
libphp5.la and the building finishes there. The error I get is: make:
*** [libphp5.la] Error 1

I've been searching about this error, but found no significant
information about it. The two things I've found is:

1. The package could be corrupted (But packages are chacked with md5).

2. There is not memory on the server to compile PHP. Perhaps it could
be the problem, as I followed a compile and it looks like it crashes
when the memory gets low.

Also I've tried to recompile PHP 5.0.3 wich is now running on my
server and I get the same error. Perhaps this could be related with
the new builder realease that cPanel released, and wich includes some
more stuff (like the mysqli extension)?

I'm really stuck with this triying to recompile PHP on my box, but had
no success.

Any help about this issue will be really apreciated.

Regards,
Jordi.