Re: mysql error

Mikey wrote:
I have not changed any of my hostname/username/password code

in the last 6 months and I can still connect to mysql.timerescue.co.uk via the command line interface.

Has anyone seen this before - any ideas at all - just

started happening

today! :o(

Strange indeed.

I tried to connect first via the command line and it found your server and
threw me out with invalid login details, but when I tried entering your
servername into phpMyAdmin it couldn't resolve the hostname.  However, when
I replaced it with your server IP it returned to not liking my login
details.

Have there been any changes made to your DNS service of late? Or provider?

Perhaps MySQL was upgraded and its no longer listening on correct IP/hostname?