Recommendation for a MySql wrapper class

Hi,
After spending a long time reading about SQL injection on the Google,PHP.net
site and on Shifflet.org (very good article, links, feedback - and I'm
really happy that knowledgeable people like Chris take the time to help
actively on the list) I have some mixed views on how easy it is to actually
inject something into some of my sites, and I have also corrected some
mistakes which would have gone unnoticed if I didnt read the above.

Anyway, I have decided to start using a database wrapper from now on,
visiting the php classes site and searching sites/google I have found a
*LOT* of classes to do the job.

BUT, few promise to take care of any SQL injection without the programmer
first cleaning out the variables/strings,
so although this is new to me, I know there are a lot of PHP gurus on the
list and i'm sure this is not new to them....I was hopeing someone could
recommend a class they are using as I am starting a new project on monday
and dont have the time to test each class before picking one (honest guys,
there are a lot, you gotto browse them to belive it)
I dont need anything fancy just something that gets the job done....safely
and effectivly.

Note: This address accepts attachements if it has  somewhere in the
subject line so if you want, zip it up and mail it to me.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan