Re: PHP 5 Status

On Apr 1, 2005 8:30 PM, Colin Ross <colinross@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is PHP 5 ready for production environments? Is it concidered stable,
> or is it just a matter of going a while with no new bugs discovered to
> get to stable..

Yes, it is ready. I've been using on my production servers since
version 5.0.1 without any problem. Now I'm running 5.0.3 and this
weekend will update to 5.0.4. I'm really happy with PHP-5 and
specially with all his new features. Now the majority of my scripts
require PHP-5 (And don't wok with previous versions).

Also I run PHP-5 in some hosting server for my customers, some of them
running old scripts, and everything runs really well.

I would recommend it to anybody who starts a new development do it
with PHP-5 in mind. To all those people who has PHP-4 running, I would
recommend to test PHP-5 and start deploying it.

Regards,
Jordi.