Session Question

Hello,

Currently I have an app that handles connection from a machine with a built in web browser.  Commands from the remote on that machine are sent to the page via javascript.(I am not sure how, maybe the machine has api's for the browser or something)

The problem I am facing is the other input on that machine comes in on port 4000 in ascii.

Is there a way to have those pages pick up these codes somehow

OR

Is there a way to have a separate app monitor those ports(I know apache itself can monitor ports etc) and then talk to the current open page in a javascript action event?

Thank you in advance,
James