Re: Jpgraph and drop down menus examples

On Thu, March 31, 2005 9:26 pm, Graham Anderson said:
> does anyone have or know of an example where:
>
> user chooses values from a couple of drop down boxes
> dateabase is queries and gives the values to jpgraph
> jpgraph draws the image on the same html page
>
> all the examples I have seen reload the whole page or go to a new page
> when jpgraph does its thing....
>
> does an example like this exist ?

Well, no.

If it was drawn on the same page without hitting the server, then PHP
wouldn't be involved, and it would all be in JavaScript.

Actually, I guess you could *MAYBE* write a Java Applet/Servlet, using
keep-alive, and then have PHP create the Java objects, and then, in
theory, you could have an open connection from the browser back and forth
to PHP...

But I've never seen anybody succeed at that, and I can guarantee that
you're asking for a LOT of headaches and big problems with server/browser
interaction, and HORRIBLE performance for the end-user experience.

You might be able to find something like jpgraph for JavaScript, but then
your question wouldn't really be appropriate here.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm