RE: getting check box values into an array

How do You create these names? See below for a smart solution.

> Now I want to get that post data into an array.
>
> Somehow like this:
> for ...{
>     $interests[] = $_POST[x_1];
> }

$interests[] = $_POST['x_1']; is correct syntax

> The problem is that the script does not know how many x there are and
it
> does
> not know the number. So how to get them all?
>
> Has anybody an idea, I am lost on that one.
>
> Thanx for any hints,
>
> Merlin
>
> PS: I know that there is another way in passing the checkbox values,
but
> due to
> some JS reasons I do have to go that way.

So

<input type="checkbox" name="interests[$i] value="1">

is not an option? Cause that would be the smartest way to do it. In this
way all the checked boxes are in $_POST['interests'] and can be seen
with

print var_dump($_POST['interests'])

You create the checkboxes with a for loop

--
Med venlig hilsen / best regards
ComX Networks A/S