getting check box values into an array

Hi there,

I am facing a problem in getting all values from a form.
There are loads of input check boxes in there which are named:
x_1, x_2 etc.

Now I want to get that post data into an array.

Somehow like this:
for ...{
   $interests[] = $_POST[x_1];
}

The problem is that the script does not know how many x there are and it does not know the number. So how to get them all?

Has anybody an idea, I am lost on that one.

Thanx for any hints,

Merlin

PS: I know that there is another way in passing the checkbox values, but due to some JS reasons I do have to go that way.