[suspicious - maybe spam] [suspicious - maybe spam] Re: [PHP] Include file

Jay Blanchard wrote:

I try to use both types of quotes in the proper circumstance. Having
said that, I came to computing in the age where we worried over CPU
cycles, but I don't see how in this day and age the difference between
the two would even matter. Even on a high load site the difference
between the two would be negligible.

This has been talked about on this list so many times.

Another way to put it would be:

...because in most real-world scripts, the execution time for this kind of operation (the string parsing) is negligible compared to the script's total execution time. So even if you could reduce the time it took to parse strings to nothing, you wouldn't speed up the total execution time very much.

If you want to optimize the performance of your scripts, there are probably a lot of other things that should be much higher on your priority list than substituting double quotes with single quotes.

/Mattias Thorslund

--
More views at http://www.thorslund.us