Re: RE: Best Server OS

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:10:18 -0500, Gerald Artman <gartm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would recommend OSX

Inserts foot in mouth.

>         Top ratings on security compared to Linux or Windows

Unless you enable outside services.   And who rated it anyway?
Probably paid by Apple.

>         Fast processors in many configurations, most include 1000T
>                 Starting at $500 to $3500 for up to +15MIPS performance

Starting at $500.  Are you talking about the mac-mini.   hahahahaha
What a joke.  For OSX on good hardware you are talking $2000 and up.
Plus, you will have to PAY for upgrades in the future.  That is why
they call it FeeBSD.

In certain ways OSX/Apple is worse than Microsoft.  With Apple you
have proprietary software and HARDWARE.

>         Excellent GUI interface

It's a server.  Who needs a GUI running that will use up valuable memory.

>         Supported by Apache, PHP, MySQL and comes pre-installed

Pre-Installed = I didn't set it up = security risk.

--
Use Linux.
W=Wrong