Session data disappearing?

Can anybody 'splain under what conditions $_SESSION values would turn into
&NULL for no reason I can figure out?

It happens consistently on this one FORM submission, but works fine on
others.

PHP 5.0.3
FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE

Tried with Cookies and with trans_sid

No difference.

Tried altering the session.name and no difference.

Naturally, I can't pare it down to a smaller example yet. :-(

I'm calling session_start(), for sure.

I'm dumping out session_id() and it has the same 32-character value as
before.

But one page has $_SESSION data, and the next, "poof" all the
&string(#)="#####" values turn into &NULL

Actually only two out of three values was disappearing for awhile.

This worked fine under Windows XP on my laptop, so I'm reasonably certain
it's not my code at fault, at least not totally.  Working versions:
PHP 4.3.9
Windows XP Home Edition

I've searched bugs.php.net, and found nothing that matched up in any
obvious way to what I'm experiencing, though maybe I just missed it.

Hmmmm.  Maybe I can blame the CSS somehow.  That always seems to screw me
up. :-v

Anybody willing to poke at it can email me off list for a
username/password and I'll set it up for you to see it in action.

Source code (kinda long, sorry):
http://acousticdemo.com/edit_schedule.phps
http://acousticdemo.com/globals.phps
http://acousticdemo.com/client_id.phps