Re: html image

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:48:50 +0200, delos <liberache@xxxxxx> wrote:
> i would like to produce a script that can make an image ("screenshot")
> based only on the site url. so that i enter an URL and php makes the
> picture.
>
> can such a thing be done by php? if not, maybe by some other language?

You would need a program that would take the HTML code that you
receive and then know how to format it. In other words, a web browser.

I know that this is possible because as far back as three years ago I
was getting spam that included a screenshot of my site. I thought it
was rather cool- the screenshot showed the site optimized for a 1024-
width screen and I had at that point only ever seen my own site on a
800*600 15 inch monitor.

You would probably need to combine about 3 tools to do this: a
browser, a screen shot utility, and THEN php. php cannot transform the
html code into a 'webpage'. Unless, hehehe, you want to write a
browser in php.

Dotan Cohen

http://English-Lyrics.com/
http://Song-Lyriks.com/