RE: RES: Game development approach

[snip]
Pretty interesting, Jay. So you have this script running as others
interface
with all the other stuff in the site? Just another question, you start
it via
web like a common script, but it is only accessed by you and it keeps on

running? The server doesn't kill it if it keeps running indefenitly?
[/snip]

Yes it runs as others interface the site. I start it from an IFRAME that
is 1px by 1px in the interface of the connected user so that the user
cannot see it. When the interface goes away the script is killed. You
could use it to check your server side game clock and update as
required. I also like the JavaScript approach that Robert has written
about.