Re: Pagination

Please send replies to the list.

Martin.C.Austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've been working on this same project for one of my pages, and it seems relatively straight forward if you are just using a full set of records to paginate, but if you are using a filtered set (or search results) then it becomes a bit more tircky to ascertain where in the search results you are. I'm still working on that, and reading this thread intently.

Thanks,
*/
Martin Austin
/*

*John Nichel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>*

Marquez Design wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am wanting to paginate records from a MySQL Database.
> I want there to be 5 records on a page, on multiple pages.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction or show me a way to do this?
>
> I can get five records on a page with a LIMIT statement, however, I can not
> get it to show the first five, then put a "next" link to the next 5 and so
> on.
>
> (I would like there to be a "next" and "previous.")

Your next and previous buttons either need to pass where they left off
in the db (either in the query string or by means of a form post), so
that your script will know where to start from.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek