Re: Authorization header is missing from apache_request_headers() array

Richard Lynch wrote:

I could be *WAAAAAY* wrong, but I thought nobody ever bothered with Digest
Auth because, errrr.

It's not better/safer than HTTP Auth?
"HTTP Basic Authorization" send login:password in clear text (only base64 encoded) so it can be 'eavesdropped'
in
"HTTP Digest Authorization" password is hashed md5(...) co can not be direct readed.
Digest is more secure than Basic and was developed as replacement of Basic

You might as well go with SSL if you go to that much trouble?

Yes SSL is solution, but when ISP does not support it ... ?
Not enough browsers support it?

I have tested it with IE5.x, FireFox 1, Opera 7 and all works OK
Okay, so clearly I don't remember why I thought this.

Google for "PHP HTTP Digest Authentication" and see what turns up...

But don't be surprised if the answer is "Not supported"