Re: [semi OT]: Planning projects

On Mon, March 21, 2005 2:55 pm, Chris W. Parker said:
> a pad of paper with a pencil.

+1

:-)

Seriously, any time I try to plan something out for any kind of
programming, I find that a nice big desk surface, and a pencil and paper
are the best tools.

After I've got things worked out on paper, with all the scratch-outs,
circles and arrows, and am happy with the basic design, I then type up
something in plain text as my "final" draft.

Not claiming I don't end up revising the hell out of it in development,
mind you, but it seems to work, and I catch all the stuff I have enough
smarts to anticipate.

The stuff I can't anticipate, well, there you are, eh?

I've tried Visio and all that stuff, and find myself wasting *WAY* more
time lining up the damn boxes than actually thinking about what I want to
*do*.

YMMV

--
Like Music?