Re: [PHP-WIN] setting php for accepting the urls... phpinfo.php/extra/information/

Leif Gregory wrote:
Hello Rob,

Saturday, March 19, 2005, 2:39:08 AM, you wrote:
R> could someone possibly point me in the right direction for allow
R> PHP on IIS 6 to accept urls with the query string seperated by
R> slashes..

This is called "slash arguments" and IIS can not natively handle it. I
ran into this issue setting up a Moodle <http://www.moodle.org>
installation for a client. There is a 3rd party app you can install on
an IIS server which will allow you to do this. It is free for a single
website, but if you are virtual hosting, it costs money.

It's called ISAPI Rewrite <http://www.isapirewrite.com/>

I finally ended up building them an Win2K, Apache2, MySQL, PHP5 box so
they could use Moodle to the fullest with slash arguments.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

Um, no, you're wrong... it's called PATH_INFO and it IS possible on IIS, at least I have it working fine with 5.1 on windows xp. The trick is to install php with the isapi/cgi as an application mapping, and when you do that make sure the "check that file exists" button is unchecked.

some additional information for cgi users

http://wordpress.org/support/topic.php?id=15197

according to the IIS 6 stuff, the scriptmap stuff works the same as the application mapping used to

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/iis/6/all/proddocs/en-us/ref_mb_scriptmaps.mspx

make sure the MD_SCRIPTMAPFLAG_CHECK_PATH_INFO is set to NOT be checked, you want it to hit the index.php and ignore the path info :)