Re: php.ini file

Kim Madsen wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Burhan Khalid [mailto:phplist@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:57 AM

Check the output of phpinfo(); to see where it is expecting the file

be.

Works only if the installation is completed and PHP is running ;-)

Use your system wide /tmp folder. I believe this is the default

setting

in PHP, so it should Just Work (tm)

Hopefully not! Files in /tmp are deleted in most *NIX variants, this is
a _bad_ idea and the name of the folder pretty much tell You so...

Default path is /usr/local/lib

No, I don't think this is correct. The default path for temporary files is /tmp -- I just tested it on a clean install of PHP.

The whole point of temporary upload files is that they are deleted by the system, so you don't have stale files lying around. Which is why there is the move_uploaded_file function.

This, of course, is assuming I didn't mis-interpret the question.