Re: send email sample

John Taylor-Johnston wrote:
Burhan Khalid wrote:

Can you give me a send email sample?

RTFM : http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Burhan,
That's awfully polite. "RTFM". How are people supposed to get started? Take that attitude back over to the Perl newsgroup. One of the joys of PHP has been a non-techhead, non-stressful, Open Source spirit of teaching and helping others, which in turn helps PHP grow and flourish.

I'm polite, but seems that the original poster took no effort on their part to try and solve the problem first. I'm polite to people that try and solve the problem first, before coming to others for help.

The original poster could have done any of the following things:

1. Simply type "mail" in the search box on the php.net website, which would have taken them to the section titled "Mail Functions", where the first line reads " The mail() function allows you to send mail." When they would have clicked on mail(), the would have seen examples on how to send an email.

2. Simply typing "sending email php" in Google would have gotten them a lot better results.