Re: Chapter 38. Handling file uploads

Timothy A. Whitley wrote:
> I am using the code at the top of this chapter to upload a file and move
> to a given destination directory. I get the following error messages and
> my file is not to be found. The only thing I am changing is where I want
> the file to be stored.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Warning:  move_uploaded_file(/images/tim.jpg): failed to open stream: No
> such file or directory in

Do you have the folder /images ?  Does the PHP user have write access to
this directory?  PHP *might* also need X-ecute permissions on the directory.

> /usr/hsphere/local/home/ice-admi/iceagents.com/CxDatabase/fileuploadh.ph
> p on line 20
>

> Warning:  move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpcrIqVo' to
> '/images/tim.jpg' in
> /usr/hsphere/local/home/ice-admi/iceagents.com/CxDatabase/fileuploadh.ph
> p on line 20

Does the PHP user have read / write access to the folder /var/tmp ?

> Possible file upload attack!
> Here is some more debugging info:Array
> (
>     [userfile] => Array
>         (
>             [name] => tim.jpg
>             [type] => image/pjpeg
>             [tmp_name] => /var/tmp/phpcrIqVo
>             [error] => 0
>             [size] => 17024
>         )
>
> )

Seems that the temp file was created ok because you have error code 0.
So the problem appears to be related to moving / writing the file to
/images/tim.jpg.  Couple of possibilities off the top of my head:

- insufficient permissions (ls -l)
- open_basedir in php.ini (are you using it?)
- safe_mode in php.ini (are you using it?)
- /images is relative, but not in your include_path.  If this is the
problem then using an absolute path should work.

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2