Re: Referer checking is able to be referer spoofed

Dan Rossi wrote:

On 19/03/2005, at 2:06 AM, php-list-replies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

the other side of this is blocking legit users.

if you base your access (at least in part) on the referrer (aka
referer), you will block anyone who has turned them off in their
browser or who is behind a firewall that doesn't pass them. both of
these are increasingly available privacy options, and something that
the user may, or may not, have control over.

I think you misunderstood me or I wasnt clear, the links are coming from a syndicate site to the main site, so we check on that domain. I am looking at other options, maybe someway of trasparently logging in ?

You were not clear at all. What are you trying to do?