Re: PHP causes Apache segmentation fault?

On 3/14/2005 12:22 PM Richard Lynch wrote:
When I run phpinfo(), it says my mysqli API client version is 3.23.58.
When I run "php -i" from the command line it says it is 4.1.10a. The
latter is correct. What would cause the discrepancy? The server has been
stopped and started many times, and PHP rebuilt a few times, so it isn't
a browser buffer issue.

Well, you've identified your problem.

Your RPMs are all screwed up (no surprise there) and the PHP_MySQL Module
is on version 3.23.58 but you are actually running MySQL 4.1.10a

Where does the PHP_MySQL Module come from? Is that part of PHP or MySQL? I would think that it is from PHP and would be built when I build PHP. I have --with-mysqli pointing to a version of mysql_config that has the correct version.

Most likely, you didn't UNINSTALL the previous version of MySQL before you
installed PHP at some point.

I uninstalled all of the MySQL RPMs except for the shared libraries, which I upgraded. The problem with uninstalling that one is that there is a dependency in dovecot and I don't want to uninstall my mail system.

You'll have to either switch to building from source, so you actually know
what's going on, or un-install everything (PHP, MySQL, etc) and then
re-install and hope the RPM maintainers have things right.

PHP I'm already building from Source. Uninstalling all of MySQL doesn't seem to be an option because of that dovecot dependency.

What I'd really like to know (among so many other things) is how configure is determining which MySQL it should use. Also knowing the difference between PHP via a browser (via apache) and PHP on the command line would give me some clues. I don't understand why the client API version for mysqli is different according to how PHP is accessed.