Re: bulk emailer

Hello Richard,

RL> The mail() function is designed for quickie one-off emails, not
RL> sending out thousands. Hell, it can't even handle dozens, not
RL> reliably, at least not on some hardware/connections.

I've used it to send a little over 3,000.

On one of my TheBat lists, we had a user subscribe with one of those
confounded challenge/response e-mail addresses and the challenge
didn't show what the e-mail address was that the challenge was for, so
I wrote a script to send an e-mail to each subscriber and in the
subject and message body I echo'd out the e-mail address being
e-mailed to.

Within an hour I had the challenge showing the e-mail address in the
subject line and we summarily unsubscribed them.

Granted this was on a Windows system which was using Mercury and not
SendMail though.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
TB Lists Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F