Re: Extending DOMDocument

> http://evilcode.net/cgi-bin/viewsvn.cgi/exhibition/trunk/lib/php/xml/xmltree.php?rev=106&view=auto
> ( http://tinyurl.com/5h47a )
>
>  I have been using the above to extend DOMDocument, as a quick workaround
> avoid a root document element. Now that I have started using namespaces,
> it
> works grandly as far as building objects, but apparantly I am frobbing
> something the wrong way, as saveXML output looks proper, but traversal
> will
> not work for namespace'd parts of the tree. Traversal works as expected if
> it
> is save'd out and reimported into an actual DOMDocument. So the question I
> have is, what am I doing wrong here, or what is the proper way to go about
> this?

Search the list for "XML namespace" -- I think we covered this a week or
two ago.

Only some of the PHP functions are actually compatible with that
new-fangled namespace thing in XML.

Disclaimer: I have only used PHP XML functions for demonstration purposes,
and have very little experience with it...  Every XML file I ever ran into
was easier to http://php.net/explode than to fire up some god-awful XML
engine.  YMMV NAIAA

--
Like Music?