Re: MySQL - PHP - limits...

> Is there a records limit when browsing (a sql SELECT) in PHP from a MySQL
> table?

Sort of, I think...

When MySQL is compiled, there is a buffer limit on how much crap you can
squirt through a single connection.

You can maybe alter this in my.cnf or be re-compiling MySQL.

If you are trying to push *THAT* much data through, though, you are
probably doing something fundamentally wrong in web design...

Okay, maybe for some kind of admin or debug or single-user screen...  Nah,
just use the mysql monitor for that.

> I´m browsing a table with PHP from MySQL, and something is wrong, if the
> table has more than 5047 records, the browse appears blank. Additionaly,
> if
> make the browse in a child window (target="_blank"), the limit becomes
> lower: 437 records.

Your numbers make me suspect that you are hitting a buffer limit, rather
than anything else.

Change the select (temporarily) to get a *LOT* less columns and see if the
limit changes.  If so, you can be pretty sure it's a buffer limit.

PS  If the browser appears blank, you haven't written any good MySQL/PHP
error checking.  Go do that *NOW*.  It will probably tell you *exactly*
what went wrong.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm