Re: warning & question about mysql sessions & concurrency

> Agreed, initially I thought of that but I also need to use transactions
> in my business logic and MySQL doesn't support nested transactions, so
> I'd have to open a separate connection to the DB to handle the session
> transaction while another connection handles the business
> transaction(s).  I'm hoping to find a solution that uses locking in the
> application level instead of the database.  Were I using a DB that
> supported nested transactions, it would be a different story.  maybe
> it's time to switch databases.

Since the data only changes when you write it, at the end of the script,
you could maybe get away with the transaction only being in the
session_save handler, and be sure to rollback or commit your business
logic before that.

That would for sure take a lot of discipline, and might even be downright
impossible for what you need, but it's worth pondering.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm