Re: Re: Newbie Variable Question

Jochem and everyone,

Thanks, this solved the problem.

Regarding someone's much appreciated comment:

<snip>[this]...allows any user to simply change the value of "r" to something more to
their liking. given the reset of the code that you included in your
first message, who knows what nice holes they'll find in your code when
they do that. depending on where you go with this, they could end up
with information for/about another user, a nice sql injection on your
database, the ability to hack your system, or something else equally
amusing.</snip>

I agree, and actually had thought of it. I appreciate your reminding me. Because I am new enough that I still find a magical thrill every time I pull *anything* from the database, I have been approaching this from this point of view:

1. Make db
2. Try to get page to connect
3. Try to print what I want by setting the variable $r so I can point to it
4. Fix it so that if someone asks for anything other than an existent ?r=x it kicks back a webpage which just shows links to existing pages.

Which brings me to the next question, which I'll post in a second!

Thanks again everyone!
--Jack