Re: Re: Internal Server Error ?!?

Jason Barnett wrote:

Afan@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi guys.
Last night I got "Internal Server Error" on every page written in php.
HTML pages work just fine.
Our web site is on dedicated server. I contacted tech and he said they
didn't touch the server and must be something I did.
I REALLY don't remember I did anything wrong. Just regular php coding.
And, everything was working fine while I was in my office. I found this
problem at home.
What could cause this problem? Any hint?

Generally an "Internal Server Error" is caused by server misconfiguration(s).

Start out by checking your scripts for any ini_set() functions that
might have caused a problem (not likely, but hey give the guy the
benefit of the doubt).

Didn't use ini_set() function in my code

Ask your sysadmin how errors are handled... for example what error code
will the server send when you have E_ERROR in a PHP script? If the
answer is "Internal Server Error", then check out what you modified last
night and try to find that E_ERROR.

My last work was on simple php coding, more fine tuning.
But, on server we have three shopping carts for three clients (didn't work on them for a while), few small sites with registration forms and adminstration area, and nothing works? I can't even open phpMyAdmin. Getting download window that ask me do I want to Open or Save a the file?

Did you create the PHP files as a different user?  More directly, are
your PHP files readable by PHP?

Did you enable any extensions last night? Or disable any extensions for
that matter?

Nope!

Did you touch PHP.ini?

Nope!

Finally... did he update the PHP installation (new version, new php.ini
file, new apache conf file / changed IIS, anything)?

They said that didn't touch our server.

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html