Re: SOLVED: Re: [PHP] Document root, preferred way to find it???

Hello Tom,

Sunday, March 6, 2005, 11:20:04 PM, you wrote:
T> I do this for security as I have things in include that I don't
T> want to be avaiable directly to the browser Also you don't need a
T> path for include files you can just do:

Don't necessarily disagree with you there other than if you place the
includes outside the web accessible folders how do you address the
managers of virtual hosts for the ability to modify, delete or add to
their particular include file? Additionally, how do you address
the naming convention of the include file.

i.e.
Site 'A' is using config.php
Site 'B' is using config.inc.php
Site 'C' wants to use config.php

T> include('somefile.php');
T> and it will be found regardless of where the script is located.

That's true enough..

BTW, good to see another TheBat! user here.

Thanks again.

--
Leif (TB lists moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 3.0.2.3 Rush under Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 2 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB