Pear DB class not PHP5 strict compatible?

Hi,

   Having heard good things about the PEAR DB package I wanted to try
   it out on a new project. I'm using PHP 5.0.3, ran the go-pear and
   installed the latest version but upon including it in my script it
   brings up rafts of errors such as:

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\dev\php-5.0.3\PEAR\DB.php on line 470

   I run PHP with E_ALL | E_STRICT because it's the best way for me to
   catch all errors and keep my code sensible - do the Pear packages
   not also work in this environment or am I just out of luck re: the
   DB package itself?

   It included and worked fine when I switched to PHP 4, but that
   isn't an option for this project.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde