FTP functions

Hi
I checked ou the ftp functions of PHP, what I wanted to ask was that
if I connect to a remote server and issue and ftp_fget() command the
file will be downloaded to the server running the PHP code and Apache
webserver or the client machine from which we are calling it ? In the
sense for example I have a client machine running on windows XP, I
launch the mozilla firefox browser in that and call for the
ftp_code.php on my server (http://server). The ftp_code.php contains a
code which connects to a remote ftp server and then using the
ftp_fget() function downloads a file from the remote server. Now where
will this file be downloaded ?

Though I have an inkling that since PHP is a server side scripting
language, the file will be downloaded to the server only... But i
still wanted to confirm

Please confirm

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav Sibal