cache engine

Hi people,

I have written an extensive web application frameworks, and I keep seeing my execution time and memory-usage growing. Right now it is not a problem, but before it get's out of hands I will need to create a good cache engine.
My cache engine requires that I can cache method results, based on multiple parameters. What would be a good way to implement this? I know this propably a well-formed question, but before I start, I want to be sure I'll do it the right way. Has anyone got any experience with this, or can anyone give me some pointers on where to start looking?

thanks in forward,
Evert

--
Rooftop Solutions - Web Applications on Demand
tel. (+31)628962319 fax. (+31)842242474