Re: server compatibilty

Le jeudi 03 mars 2005 à 10:48 +0530, Prateek Tambi a écrit :
> I got php installed on my pc
> my web server is apache tomcat 4.0 or something will it support php or not
> how can i detect that...
> in the installation readme file there is support for apache 1.3.x and
> apache 2.0.x
> if its not supported than what can i do

Hi Prateek,

Following what you are saying you are running Apache 1.3 or 2.0 (or
both) with Tomcat.

To run PHP, a good way would be to install the PHP module that is
relevant to the Apache server version you are using.

The way to do that depends on your computer's operating system. Do you
know what it is? Windows? Linux Mandrake? Linux Suse? ...?

The best way to try and see if PHP is already installed is to write a
PHP script, put it in your web root folder (depends on the operating
system again) and try to load the page in a web server.

For example, write:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

into the info.php file, put in in your web root and try to load it.

If you see nothing but blank, then it failed (which doesn't mean PHP is
not installed, but if it is you still need to configure it).

Please read the installation doc on www.php.net to sort it out.

Yannick