Re: update of mysql to 4.x

Peter wrote:
sorry, i googled again, read nearly every post wich containes mysql and upgrade but i can't find a useful answer in this list. perhaps its me...

so my question is still the same, would i have to recompile php or not

peter

@NG
what means need?
nobody needs an internet,using mysql4 would just makes things easier (like using nested SELECTS)

... shure there is a lot of spam at the list, i did not asked for "reasons for an upgrade" because i already knew about that, so the next one who is googling for the problem, gets annoyed of the unuseful answer

Well then far beit from me to try and help in a manner that is unacceptable to you. Maybe I should just go back to my standard answer...

http://www.google.com/search?q=php+upgrade+mysql+4.1

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek